As I have been reading the setting material in the Eclipse Phase book, I have been thinking of how to convert this to Savage Worlds. The simplest type of character to convert would be the Bioconservatives which could be modeled as a plain human complete with the bonus edge.
For those that make the choice to be a Transhuman embodied within a morph, there would be a couple of changes.
- You only get two attribute points and they can be spent only on the Smarts and Spirit attributes.
- You get a custom attribute called Morph pool with three points.
- You are always considered to have an attribute greater than your skill when increasing your skills unless it is a Smarts or Spirit skill1.
- Whenever you get an advance, you can either spend it on a skill, edge or attribute or add it to your Morph pool for a better body.
- For every two points in disadvantages you get, you can add one point to your Morph pool.
- You can choose to forgo a body and spend time as a Infomorph2.
With these changes in place, you would just have to build the Morphs3 that are available. Where basic bodies would just use the Morph points to purchase attributes, but for more exotic ones, you might choose to spend points on built-in weapons, prehensile feet, extra limbs, build in armor, special vision, or whatever else you might want. The more exotic of these bodies should probably be built using the Science Fiction Companion.
That just leaves to main issues to work out. How to model the Muse4, Forks5, and backups. My guess is I would give everyone the Associate Edge from Rippers Resurrected for free to use as the Muse and for the Forks I would just use the character sheet (unless I want to model the different grades of Forks in which case we would probably need a different character sheet for each fork.)
Anyways, these are just some of the early thoughts that I have had as I have been reading the Eclipse Phase book again.
- This is to represent the ability to inhabit a body with greater physical attributes when undergoing training. Though I might just simplify this to all skills instead of making the distinction between physical and mental skills. ↩
- An Informorph is a pure digital conscience that has no physical body, and can only interact with the physical world by taking control of systems that can interact with the real world. ↩
- These would be the bodies that could be used. ↩
- A muse is an autonomous digital assistant that resides in your head and can be used to perform certain data collection and distribution tasks. ↩
- This is a digital copy of your personality that can be sent to perform tasks while you or doing something else. They are usually used for long-range communication. For example if you live on a habitat near Saturn, you would have a significant delay in real-time communication with someone on Venus (minutes each way), so you could make a fork of yourself, beam the fork to Venus, your fork could have the conversation and then be beamed back to Saturn and that way you cut out all the waits for a response. ↩